416 356 2848
Versatile technologist with a proven record of building and shipping software in large enterprises. Wears many hats, such as team lead, solution architect, developer, business liaison, and team therapist.
T-Shaped professional with deep knowledge of the Java stack, plus the all of the supporting components including Linux, scripting, databases, application servers, and build & deployment automation.
Enjoys applying modern technologies and practices to legacy codebases.
March 2016 - present
Successfully delivered MiFID II compliance for the commodities business, with tight deadlines and ambiguous requirements.
Worked with TD Securities’ retail precious metals business to grow their business by offering precious metals directly to customers for home delivery.
October 2013 - March 2016
Solution Architect for Canadian banking clients, working on projects in
- Risk management with “big data”
- Retail mortgages
- DevOps and deployment automation
June 2012 - November 2013
Senior developer for a high-frequency, low-latency foreign exchange electronic trading platform built in Java. The application interfaces with ECNs, banks, and FIX channels, and auto-hedges its positions.
August 2009 - June 2012
Agile technical team lead for multiple Canadian banking clients, working on projects in
- VaR reporting
- Buy-side portfolio optimization with “big data”
- Secure custodial platform for institutional investors
July 2004 - August 2009
Multiple roles ranging from senior developer to technical team lead in the Fixed Income business.
- Low-latency electronic trading platform for Fixed Income products
- Intraday risk reporting
- Real-time position reporting across multiple source systems.
August 2003 - July 2004
Developed a data warehousing application that processed data from dozens of trading systems in a variety of business units. The system processed the data in a grid-style architecture, stored it, and provided downstream systems with extracts and reports.
- 2-Year Diploma in IT (with distinction), NSW College of TAFE, Australia
- Higher School Certificate (87.55%), St Patrick’s College, Sydney